[turba] Use SSL addressbook in Turba?

Stefan Suurmeijer stefan at raptorweb.nl
Fri Mar 26 15:27:55 UTC 2010

Hi Jan,

On 03/26/2010 03:45 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Stefan Suurmeijer <stefan at raptorweb.nl>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to use an external addressbook in turba, but one that allows
>> only SSL connections on port 636. So far, I haven't been able to get it
>> working
>> My config is:
>>
>> $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
>>     'title' => _("Shared Directory"),
>>     'type' => 'ldap',
>>     'params' => array(
>>         'server' => 'ldaps://server.mydomain.com',
>>         'port' => 636,
>>         'tls' => false,
>>         'root' => 'ou=somou,c=nl',
>>         'bind_dn' => 'cn=myname,ou=otherou,c=nl',
>>
>> etc
>
> This should work.

That's what I thought :-(

>> If I use tls => true, Turba logically tries to use TLS on port 636,
>> which fails. If like above I use tls => false, it tries a cleartext
>> connection on port 636 which also fails. I've also tried the server
>> without the "ldaps://", doesn't work either
>>
>> The error I get: HORDE [error] [turba] Could not instantiate the
>> localldap source: STARTTLS failed: (-1) Can't contact LDAP server [pid
>> 6540 on line 348 of "/home/www-ssl/horde/turba/lib/Turba.php"]
>
> This log should have come from the test where you enable both TLS and
> SSL. But what do you get if don't enable TLS, i.e. if you use the
> configuration you mentioned above?

Sorry, should have included that as well: this is the error:

[turba] Could not instantiate the localldap source: Bind failed: (-1)
Can't contact LDAP server [pid 3016 on line 348 of
"/home/www-ssl/horde/turba/lib/Turba.php"]

I'll try and see if I can get info from the logs of the LDAP server

cheers,
Stefan