[turba] Contact in this list that is not viewable to you - related.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Apr 13 09:07:14 UTC 2010

Dear List,

My users were complaining of the problem as mentioned in the subject.

We have set up a global address book with LDAP.  I was advising users
to create contact lists of their own by searching for persons from
LDAP address book and adding to their contact lists.  And most of the
users are using this feature.

Now, users started complaining that for many lists which they created,
they get the message "There is/are xx contact in this list that is not
viewable to you".

Now, I tried to debug the problem and now I know the problem.

Whenever a user searches from LDAP address book and adds the person to
his contact list, the address book "turba_objects" instead of adding
just the name and email id of the searched person, also stores the
LDAP hierarchy "ou, ou", etc of that person.  Everything is OK till
the hierarchy of that person remains the same.  If the person's
hierarchy in LDAP gets changed,   the users are getting the above
error/warning.

How to come out of this problem?

Regards,

Anant Athavale.