[turba] Contact in this list that is not viewable to you - related.

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Apr 13 11:43:07 UTC 2010

----- Message from jan at horde.org ---------
     Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:21:24 +0200
     From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
  Subject: Re: [turba] Contact in this list that is not viewable to
you - related.
       To: turba at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> ----- Message from jan at horde.org ---------
>>    Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:37:46 +0200
>>    From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>> Subject: Re: [turba] Contact in this list that is not viewable to
>> you - related.
>>      To: turba at lists.horde.org

>>> If the users are the owners of the list, any contacts of this list
>>> that can't be found anymore are deleted automatically.
>>
>> Users are owners of the list.  The contacts remain in LDAP, but not
>> at the same hierarchy.  Ie. The hierarchy which existed at the time
>> of creation of contact list is now different.
>
> This doesn't make a difference for the code. The contact can't be
> found anymore, so it's being removed.
>
>>> If the user does not have write permissions on the list, they will
>>> get this error message, until the list was opened by the admin.
>>
>> User has write permission on the list.
>>
>> Is it required that, when storing a contact after a search from
>> LDAP directory, to also to store the LDAP hierarchy?  Can it not be
>> done without storing hierarchy?  In our organisational setup, we
>> have frequent changes in Hierarchy of a person which get reflected
>> in LDAP.
>
> Completely depends on how you set up Turba. But with the default
> LDAP setup, you use the DN for the contact key, which contains the
> full hierarchy.

OK.  We were using the DN for the contact key, which is the default
one.  Now, I have in my setup of LDAP, attribute named
'mailacceptinggeneralid' gives the unique output.  I am attaching the
current ldap related entries in sources.php.  I tried changing __key
alone to 'mailacceptinggeneralid'. With this change, contacts are not
getting shown in contact list, though it says it added.

Any more changes required?

-ANANT.