[turba] Column options not changeable with Firefox and Opera

Andreas Piper piper at hrz.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 13 10:19:39 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I'm administrating a server with Horde 3.3.8 using Turba H3 (2.3.4) and Imp H3
(4.3.7).

Some of my users observed that the 'columns'-settings in the turba preferences
can not be changed: checking and unchecking of the checkboxes on the
Turba-'Options'-page at
https://.../services/prefs.php?app=turba&group=columns is working and saving
yields to 'Your options have been updated.', but the changes are not stored
and the old settings are kept unchanged.

Futher investigation showed that this happens only for some browsers, I found
Firefox (3.6.8) and Opera (10.61). It seems to work fine with Internet
Explorer and also with an old SeaMonkey (Version 1.1.4).

After digging into the sources, I assume that the javascript-function
updateColumnsPref() in turba/templates/prefs/columnselect.inc is not called
correctly or not working correctly with Firefox and Opera. I am not into
javascript deeply, so I have no clue how to proceed.

Any hints are welcome,
many thanx,
Andreas