[turba] Attempting to get Turba working with "localsql" Backend

Patrick Rynhart P.Rynhart at massey.ac.nz
Sun Mar 6 05:04:28 UTC 2011

On 6/03/2011 11:21 a.m., Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> Sounds like you have the localsql source set up to use "shares". What
> share backend have you configured Horde to use? Have you checked to see
> if the tables for the share system are populated with any interesting data?

Many thanks for the quick & helpful reply.

Until recently, we have only been only using IMP (plus the base Horde
component) as a web frontend for a backend IMAP server.  As Horde
related user settings had been correctly stored locally via the
"localsql" backend, I had assumed that Turba would function similarly
"out of the box" provided that SQL tables such as "turba_objects" existed.

Following your reply, I now understand that this is not the case and
that you need to either configure a Datatree backend for components such
as Turba (or configure individual components to not use "shares").

On Debian by default, Turba is enabled for shares but no Datatree
backend is configured.  I have gone to "Administration -> Setup -> Horde
-> DataTree System" and changed the Storage backend to "SQL Database"
(it was previously "None).  Now things have sprung to life, and I see
that entries such as "22aefc4670fba265b859cdc7ef2ccd27" are being
generated on the fly beneath DataTree "horde.shares.turba".

Many thanks for the hint - I will get my users to test whether this
resolves the problem for us.

Thanks & Regards,

Patrick