[turba] additional contact fields and activesync

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Apr 26 22:38:28 UTC 2011

Ulli <ulli_um at arcor.de> wrote:

>I am trying to get more contact fields available in turba und sync the
>contact over activesync to my android smartphone.
>
>generally the sync works fine with the default turba config.
>
>I need more than one e-mail and cell phone field in my contact database
>I found both additional fields(workCellPhone, homeCellPhone,
>?workemail,
>?homeemail) in the attributes.php file of
>turba....therefore I added these fields to the
>"$cfgSources['localsql']"
>array of the "backends.php" file of turba.
>Afterwards I could save more information on each turba contact to the
>sql database.
>
>But these new fields were not be synced over activesync to the
>smartphone?
>
>by the way, the smartphone does support this fields....
>--

AS supports up to three email fields but they are not identified by home or work. Only as email1 email2 and email3.  Horde currently only maps the email1 field.  I could easily add more mappings, but we need to get a concensus as to which AS email fields are mapped to which turba fields.

Likewise, the two supported mobile phone fields are known as mobilePhone and carPhone (no idea why)...and this is how my android client refers to them. I know horde maps only one of those, though I don't recall which one off hand.
--
Mike
Sent from mobile