[turba] turba 3.0.13 with Kolab backend

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Tue May 29 03:44:31 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I currently have a working Horde3 with Kolab2.2 setup with Turba2.3.4
using the Kolab backend for storing the user addressbooks. I've
installed Horde4 on a separate server and managed to get it up and
running against my Kolab server, but I'm having trouble getting the user
addressbooks to work with my Turba3.0.13 backend.local.php
configuration. It strikes me as odd that the examples in backend.php do
not mention Kolab anywhere, specifically it seems to be missing from the
"type" section that list the currently supported addressbooks. Is Kolab
no longer supported?

I've attached my backend.local.php configuration file. The first
section, kolab_global, works as expected. Any pointers to help
troubleshoot why the second section doesn't work would very much
appreciated.

On a side note, I came across an oldish post on the mailing list that
mentions having a kolab-webmail package in pear.horde.org. I haven't
seen this yet, but it would go a long way to helping with setting up the
different Kolab components in Horde4, Turba included.
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20110912/042058.html

Thanks.
--
matoc