[turba] address book not accessible

Albrecht Gebhardt albrecht.gebhardt at algepop.net
Tue Sep 3 08:06:24 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm just setting up a horde3 installation, most things already work
(webmail, calendar, task, notes) but I'm stuck at the contacts part.
Versions used are:

 Address Book (turba) H3 (2.3.4)
 Calendar (kronolith) H3 (2.3.4)
 File Manager (gollem) H3 (1.1.1)
 Filters (ingo) H3 (1.2.4)
 Forwards (forwards) H3 (3.1)
 Horde (horde) 3.3.12
 Mail (imp) H3 (4.3.7)
 Notes (mnemo) H3 (2.2.3)
 Tasks (nag) H3 (2.3.4)
 Vacation (vacation) H3 (3.1)

turba2 is installed, configured (localsql as data source, postgres sql
tables created) and enabled in registry.

I can add contacts to "My Address Book", it says for example

  * test 3 test3 added.
  * The contact you requested does not exist.

But the test3 address  appears in the (postgres) sql table:
horde=# select object_firstname,object_lastname  from turba_objects
where object_lastname = 'test3';

 object_firstname | object_lastname
------------------+-----------------
 test 3           | test3
(1 row)

but is not shown in the webapp.

If I search in the webapp I see a list cotaining "test3", clicking on it
gives:

The contact you requested does not exist.

Same with "browse", list shown, items not displayed after click.

If I try to delete the address book in the address books list:

  145b72326a420fe0ab89e8e2ae79b6a1 not found. (with another hex number
in each try)

If I try to import from csv (and this is the important thing I wanted to
do initially):

Failed to access the address book: Source not found

This error occurs in turba3/data.php near line 350:

case IMPORT_FILE:
    $dest = Util::getFormData('dest');
    $driver = &Turba_Driver::singleton($dest);
    if (is_a($driver, 'PEAR_Error')) {
        $notification->push(sprintf(_("Failed to access the address
book: %s"), $driver->getMessage()), 'horde.error');
        $error = true;
        break;

and if I print $dest (or look at this hidden field with webdeveloper
addon in firefox) it also contains such a changing hex number as above.

I found only one occurence of a similar error in the mailing lists, but
without solution:

http://lists.horde.org/archives/turba/Week-of-Mon-20100405/006345.html

Any ideas what is wrong?

Best regards