[turba] Address book contents delete

Harvey mail at harveybraun.com
Mon Mar 17 08:02:03 UTC 2014

Requesting some help on a script I'm trying to complete for syncing an
addressbook with external vcard data without going through the webmail
interface, ie using the cli.

I am using  the "turba-import-vcards" script which adds the vcard list
provided to the required addressbook without any problems. The problem I am
having is to sync the addressbook I need to clear its contents first. At
least this is how it is done through the web interface. I do need to keep
the addressbook share info as well so it remains synced as required using
activesync. I have found adding the new info without deleting the original
contacts creates duplicates even if none of the information has changed in
the vcard list. The duplicates happen whether I use the web interface or
the turba-import-vcards to add the vcard list.

I am not a php programmer, and have not made enough sense out of the delete
options of the Api.php to add a line that will accomplish this. Is it
possible to get some examples of how I could add the option of deleting the
contents of an addressbook first before adding the new/updated vcard info?

Cheers
Harvey