[turba] Sending to all members of an Address Book

Brett Charbeneau brett at wrl.org
Fri Mar 28 13:27:52 UTC 2014

> From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>
> Zitat von Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org>:
>
>> Quoting Brett Charbeneau <brett at wrl.org>:
>>
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>>   We are running Horde 5.1.5 and Turba 4.1.3.
>>>   Is there a way to address a message to all the members of an
>>> address book? I know with older Turba versions one could click on
>>> "To:" and leave the "Find:" field blank to return the entire
>>> address book, but that doesn't seem to work in this version.
>>>   Or have I left something mis-configured somewhere?
>>>   Any hints gratefully accepted!
>>
>>    I should add that this behavior happens only on address books
>> imported from vCard format.
>
> This shouldn't have anything to do with imports, unless the imports
> don't contain any email addresses. In this case you obviously cannot
> send messages to those.
>
>>    We can list the contents of the address book via browse and then
>> "All" but there doesn't seem to be a way to address a message to all
>> those selected addresses....
>
> You can still select all addresses when using the address book popup
> from the compose view, instead of the autocompletion.

     Exactly so, Jan - the import went fine, but the user making the
original dataset didn't enter email addresses in the correct field.
Once I made sure the "Email" field *had* something in it then doing an
empty search pulls up all the addresses.
Brett Charbeneau
Network Administrator
Williamsburg Regional Library
7770 Croaker Road