[turba] Is there a way to sync with a shared address book? It used to work before V4.2 but it seems to have stopped working for me. I would select the shared book along with the user's book and it would sync to mobile devices.

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:00:47 UTC 2014

On 7/12/14 1:39 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting gimili <gimili17 at gmail.com>:
>
>> Is there a way to sync with a shared address book?  It used to work
>> before V4.2 but it seems to have stopped working for me.  I would
>> select the shared book along with the user's book and it would sync
>> to mobile devices. Now only the user's book gets synced.
>>
>> I have set the same read only address book as the "Exchange GAL" in
>> the configuration settings for Turba but that doesn't seem to work
>> either when testing with an iphone 4s.
>>
>> Thank you kindly,
>
> This is probably related to the multiple address book support. If you
> want to sync all address books you have read/write permissions to you
> need to make sure they are selected as a sync source in turba's
> preferences. If you want to attempt to synch them as individual
> address books select the separate source pref in turba, otherwise they
> will be combined into a single address book before being sent to the
> client. You might need to reset the client account after changing
> these prefs.

I turned off "Support separate address books?" and it is working again.
Thank you kindly!  With "Support separate address books?" turn on, the
book that I was not the owner of did not show or sync on the phone.
Perhaps it was a temporary glitch with the phone but it did show the
other books where I was the owner.
Thanks again.

--
gimili