[turba] Odd problem when making address book non-browesable

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Dec 8 03:20:38 UTC 2015

I'm trying to bring a very old horde installation up to date.  I have a
fresh horde/imp/turba/etc. installation running fine and have migrated
the old databases as best I can.  I'm attempting to go in and set up our
department and campus LDAP directories and am having an odd problem:
when I make the directory non-broweable by setting 'browse' => false,
any attempt to search that directory immediately returns an error that
the currently authenticated user's addressbook does not exist.  I wasn't
trying to access my address book, though, so I'm not sure what relevance
that has.  My personal address book does indeed exist, and I can
manipulate it without error.  I'm kind of lost as to what else could be
going wrong.

I'm running horde 5.2.8 with turba 4.2.11.  The subsidiary modules are
at most one minor version out of date (they move quickly) and all DB
schemas are up to date.

The horde log shows:

2015-12-08T03:05:30+00:00 EMERG: HORDE [turba] The address book "tibbs"
does not exist. [pid 30442 on line 60 of
"/usr/share/horde/turba/lib/Factory/Driver.php"]

Here's the error seen in the browser (my user is set up as an administrator):

A fatal error has occurred
The address book "tibbs" does not exist.

1. Turba_View_List->display() /usr/share/horde/turba/search.php:285
2. Turba_Factory_Driver->create()
   Turba_Factory_Driver->/usr/share/horde/turba/lib/View/List.php:173

Details
The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown below
only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see error
details.

Turba_Exception Object
(
    [details] =>
    [logged] => 1
    [_logLevel:protected] => 0
    [message:protected] => The address book "tibbs" does not exist.
    [string:Exception:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /usr/share/horde/turba/lib/Factory/Driver.php
    [line:protected] => 60
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /usr/share/horde/turba/lib/View/List.php
                    [line] => 173
                    [function] => create
                    [class] => Turba_Factory_Driver
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => tibbs
                        )

                )

            [1] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /usr/share/horde/turba/search.php
                    [line] => 285
                    [function] => display
                    [class] => Turba_View_List
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

                )

        )

    [previous:Exception:private] =>
)

Here's address book definition from backends.local.php:

$cfgSources['mathldap'] = array(
    'disabled' => false,
    'title' => _("Math Directory"),
    'type' => 'ldap',
    'params' => array(
        'server' => 'XXX',
        'port' => 389,
        'tls' => false,
        'root' => 'ou=People,dc=math,dc=uh,dc=edu',
        'sizelimit' => 20,
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => array('top',
                               'person',