[vilma] Initial set up

Hermit klowther at cisnet.com
Fri Nov 19 22:49:52 PST 2004

Two months of archives isn't a lot to go on.   And the INSTALL file looks like
it was copied over from uluform without all of the references being changed.
Also, it refers to the top level directory README which isn't there.  ;-)

Using CVS Head a few days old.

I am using Exim, Postgres and Courier.  I was going to use Cyrus but had trouble
finding documentation on how to do database integration.  They mention it on
their site, but I never did find the specifics of what I needed to know.
Courier's config file just seemed to provide more info than I had found for
Cyrus.  I am flexible on the IMAP client though.  I noticed that Horde has
authentication support for Cyrus with sql support which is one of the reasons I
was looking at that originally.  But for different reasons.  Vilma could take
the place of Vexim for my needs if I can get it to fire up and work.

I'm sure there must be more docs out there than my Goggle search turned up?  I
did create a few domains and users successfully.  I tried pointing Hordes Ruth
parameters to the database tables created by Vilma to see if I could log in.
That didn't work.  I tried pointing the plain and encrypted tables both for the
password field.

I guess the first thing I really need to do is decide which MAP client and
whether to use maildrop or the IMAP option?

Thanks

Ken