[whups] Code update (numerous features)

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 00:52:06 -0500

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 05:47:51AM +0000, admin@networkessence.net wrote:

> I seem to not know what i'm doing.  Why is it that when I do a 'cvs diff' on
> my whups co, it shows that the diff's haven't been applied to the repository,
> but if I go to http://cvs.horde.org/cvs.php/whups, I see that the changes have
> been commited.  Anyone know what I might be doing wrong to cause this?  I can
> get around it by deleting what I have and checking it out again, but I don't
> like doing that.

'cvs diff' will display the differences between the latest
revision in the repository (in the same branch) and any local
modifications you've made to the file of the same name.

If you want to display the differences between your local file
and newer files in the repository, try using something like my
'cvsdiff' alias:

    alias   cvsdiff 'cvs diff -r BASE -r HEAD \!* | $PAGER'

--
Jon Parise (jon@csh.rit.edu)  .  Information Technology (2001)