Fwd: Re: [whups] new to whups

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed Nov 13 02:47:51 2002

IMP has a "reply to list" feature ... ;)

----- Forwarded message from gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com -----
    Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:38:01 -0500
    From: Gary Weinreb <gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com>
 Subject: Re: [whups] new to whups
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>

At 10:00 AM 11/12/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Quoting Gary Weinreb <gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com>:
>
> > Sorry 'bout that, it was late and I just hit "reply".  I look for
> > whups_types.type_name beginning with an underscore "_" to denote that
> > this is a default, or template Type.  I created Driver/sql functions
> > called getAllButDefaultTypes, and getAllDefaultTypes, changed the calls in
> > Admin/admin from getAllTypes to getAllButDefaultTypes, and use the
> > Default ones in my Merging methods...
> >
> > It would be easy enough to change the "_" to something else or even make
> > it a preference...
> >
> > Gotta run, I'll post the diffs tonight...
>
>Sounds interesting. My only concern at this point is how should users _know_
>to use the _ for template types? Maybe if they check a "make this a
>template" box it'll prefix it for them?

Good point.  I added a Using Templates page to Help.  For now...<g> users
of HEAD _should_ be reading list posts, change logs, etc... I like your
idea.  I can write a routine to throw a Boolean variable on the screen and
manipulate the type_name string accordingly...  I'll look at that...  I'm
really tired, so I may just get this to you as is and add that later.

I'd rather spend my available time this evening merging my changes into
latest CVS before I diff, then make improvements later...

-g

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."