[whups] whups modifications

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri Nov 15 17:20:05 2002

Quoting Gary Weinreb <gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com>:

> 4) changes to the ORDER BY clause of getStates and getPriorities to order
> by ID instead of alphabetically by name, so that some control over
> sequencing exists.

I disagree with this. "Control" in your version is "create them in the exact
right order, or start all over again if something changes". When you do it
alphabetically, you can prefix a number to the state/priority name to make
it come out however you like.

> I like Chuck's idea of just having a checkbox to designate a Type as
> default or not, presumably tied to a new whups_types field.  If ya'll
> think that's a better way to implement this, I'll do it, plus other
> suggestions of improvements...

I don't understand why you're talking about Types in this context - you can
already associate types with whichever modules you want. I thought the
cloning/templating  was for states and priorities.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."