[whups] whups modifications

Gary Weinreb gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com
Fri Nov 15 20:06:53 2002

At 12:59 PM 11/15/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Quoting Gary Weinreb <gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com>:
>
> > I had been trying to avoid adding fields to tables, because of the
> > complexity of patching the changes in, but as long as I'm adding a field
> > to designate that a Type is a "default", (or a "template", see below...),
> > what do you think of my adding a field to hold a sequencing #, and using
> > the same mechanism that is used in Turba to move the browse columns
> > around, to organize the sequence of States and Priorities?
>
>Fine by me - makes sense.
>
> > Easy to misunderstand.  I'm not using the Type as a "default" for a given
> > module.  I think I've erred in using the term "default".  Perhaps
> > "template" would be more appropriate.
> >
> > I'm using these Types to hold SETS of States and Priorities which can be
> > merged into new Types, so that they don't have to be recreated for each
> > Type.  Eventually, I plan to make State (and Priority) more complex, with
> > triggers and so on, and it will be even more important to streamline the
> > process of setting things up...
>
>Ah, I understand now. Sounds good.

Chuck, seems like the Horde site is unavailable right now.  I've got a very
narrow window today, and will be out in the woods all weekend (with
otters), so I'll try again Monday.  If you get a chance to check out the
diff I sent in, and see any other changes you'd like for me to make before
I diff against Mon.'s HEAD, pls. let me know...

Thanks, have a good weekend...
Gary