[whups] whups mods...

Mike Baptiste mike@msbnetworks.net
Sat Nov 23 01:44:02 2002

Gary,

If I follow you correctly here - why not use the Type version feature
instead?  So you creaet modules for the various project types (radio, CD,
etc) and then create versions in each type for 2 min, 4min, etc.

Its not exactly what it was intended for, but it works.  We use the version
setup for 'sub-queues' in our IT Support module.   We support about 5
different organizations in IT here - so we created a version for each org.
Makes reporting easier, lets us sort in the default views, etc.  Robert's
new attribute code may have let us do it that way, but I like having it
separated out (and it didn't exist when we started using whups).  I may have
missed what you're trying to do - but it does seem like you're creating a
large amount of types for what you're doing.  Plus with version, you
inhierit the states and priorities for each project length from the main type.

Mike