[whups] whups mods...

Robert E. Coyle robertecoyle@hotmail.com
Sun Nov 24 15:21:48 2002

From: "Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck@horde.org>

> What if we had a "clone" feature? When editing states/priorities, just being
> able to clone the states/priorities from another type into this type?

I now think that this would be a good idea.  It's almost the same as Gary's
template patch, but it should work in a slightly different way to better fit
the workflow direction.

When we have state transitions, it's more important that a type doesn't change
as tickets flow through it because that could cause tickets to become inconsistent.
However, it's very likely that as the type is being used, people see some way
of making it fit the model more accurately.  In that case, probably the best way
to fix it is to copy the existing type into a new one.  You can then modify the
new type however you see fit then 'publish' the type and start creating tickets
in it.  Published types can't be altered.

With the type templates, you could only copy particular types into new ones,
instead of any type that you need to.

However, with the templates, type were created as 'just a template', ie. one
that shouldn't have tickets created.  This can be quite useful, but instead of
using an underscore prefix to identify it, I'd prefer to have a 'published' field
in the table to represent types that can have tickets in it.  A template could
then be a normal, unpublished, type.

Rob

--
10: Sin