Fwd: [whups] More design thoughts

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 12 23:37:13 PST 2002

Quoting Mike Baptiste <mike@msbnetworks.net>:

> My one concern is this sounds like it might reduce the flexibility of
> whups - where now we create 'types' with their own states (filed into
> classes like New/Assigned/Resolved, etc)  This makes it a very useful
> system.  So I worry about making whups too specific to software project
> mgmt.  Now this may just have been an example of how it would work,
> which is fine.

This was an email from 1999. I thought it might be interesting in light of
what we now have the groundwork to actually do; in no way am I suggesting
that we make anything less flexible.

> PS - Got sidetracked on my attachment work (gotta love no power in NC -
> 7 days!) but hope to get soem stuff posted soon.

Great!

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."