[whups] Re: [hermes] Making clients

Bo Daley bo at tilda.com.au
Wed Jul 16 21:09:31 PDT 2003

> > I'll see if I can achieve the same result without the change to the Turba
> API
> > first and send through another set of patches. So you can hold off on
> > committing this just for now.. I'd prefer to get this working properly
> before
> > we build on it too much further.
>
> Great, I'll look forward to your new patch!

OK here it is. This is only a slight modification on what I sent earlier, but it
fixes the CODING_STANDARDS problem (thank Jason!) and it no longer requires a
change to the Turba API. I still think there might be a problem with the Turba
API's search() method because I can only get it to work for my default localsql
addressbook (whereas my initial list() method worked for all my addressbooks),
but I think that's a separate issue.

Before going much further, the main thing I still haven't checked out thoroughly
is how this affects the old links from tickets to Turba contacts. I remember
when the Links API first appeared there was talk about extending it so that it
could handle different types of objects inside applications (eg. to support
links to both tickets _and_ modules) but I'm unsure about where that got to.
Did anyone ever look into that?

thanks,

bo.

--