[whups] recording time taken in Whups

Bo Daley bo at tilda.com.au
Mon Dec 8 22:33:56 PST 2003

hi all,

just looking for some ideas from anyone who's listening --

I'd like to be able to add a field to Whups that allows users to tell the system
how long they took doing something. This field would ideally appear anywhere
that the 'Comment' field currently appears. ie. every time I add a comment to a
ticket, I get the option of entering in the amount of time it took me to do
what I'm describing in the comment field.

I'm imagining that it would then be possible to display the cumulative time
taken working on a ticket on the main Ticket Summary page.

Does anyone have any ideas for where this time data should be stored? Maybe it
should live in the whups_logs table, or maybe it could appear in the
hermes_timeslices table so it's visible in a timesheet too?

thanks,

bo.