Fwd: Re: [whups] Possible change - numeric priorities?

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Sun Apr 11 18:23:26 PDT 2004

> Quoting Bo Daley <bo at tilda.com.au>:
>
>> Do you think that perhaps what's required first is to bring nag and
>> whups closer together, maybe even merging them into a single app?
>
> I strongly agree with Eric, fwiw, on this not being a good idea.

I concur.  Whenever I get around to the workflow stuff, a whups ticket
may also
be a workflow "workitem", which has an associated set of states and
other stuff
which will make it heavier (the heavier part will be optional, and
whether this
is the right approach is still open for discussion).

Right now I'm using nag's preference to show whups tickets.  I've had the
thought that perhaps prioritizing and all that should be part of a sort of
"task panel" application which is sort of a front-end for nag, whups, imp (an
unread e-mail is a task, no?), the horde account request queue, workflow, and
what not.  I have conflicting thoughts on whether this is useful--mostly, I
realize how anal I am about prioritizing tasks and wonder if this could
actually improve my productivity and prevent things from slipping through the
cracks or if I'm just being neurotic and it's just going to be a lump of dead
code which will cause more daily maintenance work for my task list :)

> -chuck
>
> --
> "Regard my poor demoralized mule!" - Juan Valdez

  Jason M. Felice
  Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com>
  216-221-4600 x302