[whups] About whups permissions and whups:admi

Mathieu CLABAUT mathieu.clabaut at free.fr
Thu Jan 27 08:46:35 PST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Mathieu CLABAUT <mathieu.clabaut at free.fr>:
>
>>    At first, I needed to give administration rights for whups to somebody
>>    which has non need to have administration rights over the whole horde
>>    framework. I tried to set up an whups:admin permission, but was unable
>>    to set it without modifying
>>    whups/lib/api.php:_whups_getTicketDetails() by applying the following
>>    patch given bellow.
>
> You mean _whups_perms? Anyways, yes, that patch is needed, I'm committing it.
>
>>    Then the user newly privileged was unable to see the existing queues.
>>    I need for each queue to give him admin privileges.
>>
>>    I indeed see teh following comment in
>>    lib/Whups.php:permissionsFilter() :
>>        // We purposely DO NOT use Auth::isAdmin('whups:admin') here,
>>        // since admins local to Whups still need to be granted
>>        // permission to the queues that they will administer.
>
> Maybe we should change this assumption. Opinions?

   Mhhh, I may be biased, but the following hierarchy seems sound to me :

   Global level admin (horde/config/conf.php)
   + Application level admin (application:admin permission)
    + Object level admin (application defined, like queue permission for
      whups)

   And I see no valid reason to bypass the application level.
  -mat

--
________________http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.fr.html
Mathieu CLABAUT                            mailto:mathieu.clabaut at free.fr