[whups] Re: Ticket editing permissions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 22 01:46:13 PST 2005

Zitat von Richard Wallace <rwallace at thewallacepack.net>:

> Until now we've had our users just create tickets as guests and fill in
> their email address.  We're to a point where we want to change it so
> that only users logged in can add tickets.  The problem with that is
> that to be able to add a ticket to a queue they need to have edit
> permissions on the queue.  But if they have edit permissions on the
> queue they can go in and change the status and other attributes of
> tickets on the system.  What I'd like is to be able to specify a
> "Developers" group that can edit attributes of the tickets in the
> "Development" queue.  The rest of the users can see what's in the queue
> and can add comments or attach files to other tickets, but not edit
> state, priority, etc.

Whups' permissions need to be extended for such a scenario, but it
makes sense.

> We'd also like to start using whups for our internal help desk system.
> In this case users shouldn't be able to see all the tickets in the
> queue, even if they have show/read permissions on it.  They should only
> be able to see tickets that they've created and they can only make
> comments and add attachments to those tickets.

That doesn't make sense. Either they have show/read permissions or not.
It would make sense though to use the owner permission on tickets.

> I'm not sure what the best approach is to solve these problems in whups.
>  I'm thinking that maybe I could extend the permissions in whups and
> add a PERMS_ADMIN permission.  Then, if someone has that permission,
> either because they've been explicitly assigned it or are in a group
> that has been assigned that permission on the queue, they have the full
> range of editing capabilities on tickets in the queue.  Then, if a user
> only has show/read/edit permissions and not the admin permission they
> can add tickets and comment and attach files to tickets already in the
> queue, but nothing else.

This is already happing, just not as fine grained as you want it.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/