[whups] Any idea how can I speed up whups for a non-admin user with a lot of queues?

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Jun 16 16:34:11 PDT 2005

My partner decided he wanted to use whups and wanted a queue for each
of his domains (about 550) he created the queues and since he and I are
admins, it is working fine from our admin perspective but today his
secretary was going to create a ticket and it took over 30 seconds to
open and she is on the LAN.  At first I thought se was doing something
wrong but after thinking about it, I though that it might be a question
of checking permissions on each queue before opening the ticket.  I've
not tested to be sure but I did add her as an admin temporarily and her
time droped from 30 seconds to 2 seconds.  To me the obvious solution
is to cut the queues to some reasonable number (I always thought it was
a dumb idea ;), but then I thought that it would be a good idea to ask
if this is the problem and if anyone has a solution that might let it
work.

Thanks for any suggestions,

ed

P.S. This is all Head updated yesterday on FreeBSD 6.0, php5.0.4
mysql4.1.12 Apache2 LDAP 2.2.27