[whups] Setup question

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Sep 21 14:54:22 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>
>> What would people think of allowing users to move tickets between any
>> queues that they have write access to? Set Queue was admin-only in the
>> past because it can mean changing the type of a ticket as well, but the
>> UI walks you through all necessary changes and makes sure the ticket is
>> still valid in the new queue, so I don't think that's a concern.
>
> That would mean that guest could also change queues, right? I
> personally don't think it's a problem, I just want to make it clear.
> Fine by me.

Until you have some joker go through and change the queues on all the tickets
that are guest-readable..  Having it be configurable to give guests that
privilege would be ok (because maybe some admin wants that to happen), but
essentially, allowing a guest to move a ticket to any visible queues shouldn't
be a default privilege.  That should be a default admin or technician
function,
only, at least here it is (but with a different ticket system).  How annoying
would it be if I requeued all the bugs.horde.org tickets in other
queues? Presumably I have write access to all the modules/queues there
(since I can
create a ticket in any of them), so this change would allow me to do
that, no? But I might not understand your proposal either.. (but then
again, I think
relying on unauthenticated guest access, with an easily spoofed email key can
be problematic too :)

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer