[whups] Fwd: Re: I've fallen and I can't get up

Jared Greenwald greenwaldjared at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:59:26 PST 2006

On 1/27/06, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Jared Greenwald <greenwaldjared at gmail.com>:
>
> >> It would be great if you can start taking the release management
> >> process that we did on the wiki here:
> >> http://wiki.horde.org/ReleaseManagement and generalize it. Don't worry
> >> about if what you say is right, Jan and I and other devs will be able
> >> to give you feedback, etc.
> >
> > Is this for just whups or all of horde?
>
> The existing docs are for all of the Horde H3 releases. If you could
> continue that for everything that does now (or should) have an H3
> release, that would be great, but you are volunteering - help just on
> Whups would not be turned away!

I'm not terribly familiar with Horde in general (only been playing
with it for a couple months off-and-on).  So, is this a smaller list
that just the non-defunct projects on the modules page you pointed me
at?

> >> Also, starting a process where you test FRAMEWORK_3 apps against all
> >> Horde versions they should work against would be very very useful.
> >
> > This is the combined horde suite?  Are there specific tests that
> > should be done?
>
> No. Perhaps defining a test suite for the framework itself would be
> the first step. The main idea I was expressing was to make sure that
> Horde 3.x releases maintained compatibility with Horde 3.0, and same
> for all of the H3 releases with the Horde version they were initially
> released against (all 3.0 at this point, but several including Whups
> will be targeted at 3.1+).

This could get real deep real fast considering the conbinations of
backends that are supported with horde...