[wicked] Notifications was: Release Engineering: Showstoppers

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Dec 16 01:37:29 PST 2003

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

> :)
> > >
> > > That was my first thought too. :-) But we need at least perms and
> > > notifications in wicked.
> >
> > What kind of permissions and notifications do you mean? Shouldn't be
> hard
> > to at
> > least have it not allow editing for guests based on a setting.

Forgot that bit: with notifications I mean "commit" messages with diffs for
changed/added pages. Wikis work only if there is a working peer review. For
small wikis a general notification for all pages would suffer, but how do
large wikis like wikipedia handle this? Do they have notifications at all?
Do they mimic a hierarchical structure?
I guess I still have to learn a lot about wikis. ;-)

Jan.