[wicked] entities

Mij mij at bitchx.it
Thu May 6 18:02:26 PDT 2004

Il giorno 03/mag/04, alle 22:28, Chuck Hagenbuch ha scritto:

> Quoting Mij <mij at bitchx.it>:
>
>> the italian language uses a lot of non-ASCII letters. Notably "è", a
>> form
>> of the verb "to be". I noted Text_Wiki doesn't convert it to &egrave;
>> , and
>> manually editing with &egrave; , &aacute; etc makes entities be
>> converted as well.
>>
>> Wikipedia provides a weaker interpreter, so you can just use entities.
>>
>> How to handle this with wicked?
>
> It should probably be fixed in Text_Wiki.

right. Reported.

I have a few proposals here for enriching wicked:

- on the "Edit" page, it would be nice to have a "preview" feature,
which just outputs tetx_wiki's transform() without storing
- still on the edit page: nice to have a bigger textarea where to write
to, at least in the height dimension
- minor: browsing the pages, it would be nice to include along with the
last
modification date the last modificator (author) too

then, I had a quick look at wicked sql schemas and it seems there's
some redundancy. If we could collect a piece of requirements sheet of
some
kind, it would be easy to make a quick ERD and split something.

I haven't definitely been so available the last days :) This weekend
should sign
the end of the hyper-busy weeks I had so far, so by the next monday I'd
be
available to discuss any of them more properly and eventually give some
help

well, bye for now