[wicked] I don't seem to be understanding the new image handling in Wicked.

Edwin Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Sat Aug 7 06:52:59 PDT 2004

I may be getting ahead of development commits and if I am, I
apologize but
wicked is working so well that we are really starting to use it a
lot and want to have the latest and greatest:)

After this morning's cvs update I lost my images so I tried  the
following new instructions:

  You can put a picture in a page with [[image foo.jpg]].
  You can use any file type, but most browsers only support
  GIF, JPEG, and PNG formats. The filename can either be
  a relative reference (in which case the wiki looks for a file
  attached to the current page), an absolute reference which
  begins with a slash (in which case the wiki uses it to
  retrieve a file relative to the web server's root), or a full,
  external URL.

  Additonal attributes, such as "alt" can follow the image
  filename or URL like so: [[image foo.jpg alt="A Foo JPEG"]].
  "link" is a special attribute which makes the image a link to
  the specified URL.

Using the this test wiki source:

[[image /usr/local/www/data/horde/graphics/administration.gif
alt="horde administration icon"]]
[[image /horde/graphics/administration.gif alt="horde
administration icon"]]
[[image
http://mail.encontacto.net/horde/graphics/administration.gif
alt="horde administration icon"]]
[[image /usr/local/www/data/horde/graphics/administration.gif]]
[[image /horde/graphics/administration.gif]]
[[image
http://mail.encontacto.net/horde/graphics/administration.gif]]
http://mail.encontacto.net/horde/graphics/administration.gif

and saving.  The results that I get on the generated page are:

horde administration icon
horde administration icon
horde administration icon
administration.gif
administration.gif
administration.gif
http://mail.encontacto.net/horde/graphics/administration.gif

I figured that I should probably try attaching the image but
since I really don't know how, I thought, "click on
AttachedFiles" but I get a DB error:

  Error retrieving attachments: DB Error: syntax error

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  How should I be able to
attach a file?

thanks,

ed