[wicked] turning off revert

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Fri Dec 3 06:13:20 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 10:01:50PM -0900, Barsalou wrote:
> What permissions would I have to set to disable revert?  What other
> functionality would I lose by doing that?
>
> We are experiencing an issue where someone has decided to automate the
> revert process and "attack" our wiki.
>
> Just wondering if there was a way to set the security to protect against
> that.
>
> I know I can ban the individual IP, but don't want to end up chasing
> individual IP's.
>
> Thanks for any insights.

The code checks if the user has edit permission to the page before
reverting, so that's the only way to prevent it.  I'm assuming you don't
want to do that because you want public access to the wiki-- really
there isn't a way to prevent just reversions.  If someone is scripting
it, they could as well write a script to resubmit their text as though a
user were editing the page, and so preventing the use of the 'revert'
feature probably will just inspire his or her creativity <g>

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>