[wicked] RSS feed for Recent Changes

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Mar 15 14:55:19 PST 2006

Quoting Vijay Mahrra <vijay.mahrra at es.easynet.net>:

> What are the ideas you had in mind for implementing this?  Are you intending
> to do this yourself?  If not, is it better to wait until the Horde_Feed class
> is ready?  Should I create a feature request ticket in the bugs.horde.org?

Well, I'd like to do it. However, if you were to look at my "like to
do" list, you would be justifiably dubious that I _will_ do it anytime
soon. Same goes for Horde_Feed. We can always retrofit, so I wouldn't
worry about it.

As for implementation: basically the RecentChanges and a bunch of
other Wicked special pages just collect a set of wikipages. The idea
for RSS would be to have a simple way to spit that collection out as a
feed instead of as an HTML table, with a bit of channel information
around it.

If you want to do an initial implementation we'll definitely look at
it and tweak it as necessary, so don't be hung up on initial
perfection, either.

-chuck