[dev] module for horde?

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:18:25 -0500

I have (long ago) taken the Java Telnet/SSH Application/Applet V2.0
by Mattias L. Jugel and Marcus Meissner (found at the site
http://www.mud.de/se/jta/) and "integrated" it into my Horde install.
We've been happily using this for about 3 years (through both Horde 1.2
and Horde 2.x now).  I never really submitted/discuessed it because I
considered it of limited interest...

It provides a way to login to a host via ssh via a web browser (with Java
enabled).

My question is, is there any interest in adding this as a horde module to
the official horde site?

Basically, with the modified "jta" app, you could login via ssh to your web
server.  With the addition of another program (provided by the same author)
you can allow it to "relay" through you web server to another host.  (I use
a modified version of the relay program to redirect to another host myself).

So, we could use jta+modifications for login to the web server, or use
jta+modifications+relayd to allow logins to another machine.

So the question is:

1) Does anyone think it would be good to add this kind of function to horde?
2) If so, are you interested in my version?  Or should we start with a newer
   version of the jta and go from there?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics