[dev] github (was: [horde] YQL and horde)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Aug 30 01:40:45 UTC 2010

> Quoting Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:

>>> We've been historically attached to hosting things ourselves. It
>>> might be worth rethinking that; thanks for the poke in that
>>> direction (cc:ed dev@ on this point). As an interim, do you know
>>> if there's a way for github to mirror another repository, if we
>>> wanted to push everything on git.horde.org to github as well?
>>
>> That should be easy by adding a mirrored remote and pushing to it
>> via cron (see
>> http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/684-how-to-create-repository-in-mirror-mode).
>
> Done. I'd expect http://github.com/horde/horde to be the canonical
> public repository going forward...

More details:

The 3 active horde git repos are now publicly available on github at:

http://github.com/horde/horde/
http://github.com/horde/horde-support/
http://github.com/horde/horde-web/

These are the canonical public repositories now. Please switch to them
asap. I also expect we'll be able to handle pull requests for them
even though they're mirrors, so don't hesitate to dive in.

We are set up so that commits are automatically mirrored to github. If
you are a committer, you'll need to make sure that you are committing
using an ssh key that will forward to the correct github account and
that that account is a member of the horde organization on github.

If anyone knows of a better way to mirror a repository to github
(preferably one that doesn't involve passwordless ssh keys, though I
could be convinced), please let me know.

-chuck