[horde] Folder Corruption in IMP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Apr 13 17:13:17 UTC 2009

Quoting Steve Devine <sd at msu.edu>:

> Quoting "Roberto Maurizzi" <roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com>:
>
>> 2009/4/10 Steve Devine <sd at msu.edu>
>>
>> Yes normally I would agree but I always seems to happen when the user is
>>> inside the IMP application. No one has called and said it happened while
>>> the they were in Outlook or Thunderbird.
>>> /sd
>>>

>> Which version of PHP and libc-client (mail acces library) do you use on your
>> server? You could try to see if there are bugs reported for that version and
>> Courier.
>
> PHP 5.2.6
> Courier Imap doesn't use libc-client

But IMP 4.x uses libc-client - and that is the library sending
commands to the remote IMAP server.

It seems a bit suspicious that the /cur and /new directories are
deleted but the /tmp directory is not (nor are the various courier
metadata files).  You might want to test and determine what courier
does in an expected IMAP DELETE operation - if it deletes the entire
Maildir structure rather than just the /cur and /new dirs then this
would likely indicate an issue with the Courier software.

michael