[horde] Future of Horde.

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 20:35:24 UTC 2023

On Wed, 27 Sept 2023 at 21:01, Mike <barjunk at attglobal.net> wrote:
> Quoting ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at ursc.gov.in>:
>
> > Dear Development Team,
> >
> > Sincere request to update on Future of Horde.
> >
> > We look forward for Release of Horde 6.  But, not getting any updates.
>
>  From the fact that responses have been limited to none, I think it is
> up to those who'd like to see it move forward to step into the gap and
> make it happen.
>
> I'm willing to help where I can.

Hi Mike,

I suppose at the very least, someone needs to...
- Fork the Github Repository.
- Check the licences to make sure there is nothing proprietary from
the LLC in the code-base  (Ideally, the LLC would state clearly that
this is not the case, and that the code as is released under the least
restrictive licence possible.
- Arrange weekly meetings to plan out the next steps.

Frankly, as lovely as Horde is, I think the primary reason for the
stagnation is that there are better technologies than PHP available
(not that I am proficient in either) and the task of rewriting the
codebase in Ruby or Javascript is probably mentally forbidding.

Regards

Simon