[horde] Finished importing horde FW_6 to packagist.org / composer / compatibility with newer PHP versions

Lang, Ralf ralf.lang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 05:06:52 UTC 2023

Hello Brent,

Am 27/12/2023 um 22:44 schrieb Brent:
> Ok, thanks...that fixed it. I note that a few fixes that were discussed
> in this list aren't in included. You say you want a "PR", but what is
> that? Is there a mechanism for reporting issues? No problem to do that,
> I just don't know what a PR is, offhand.

I am fine with any kind of report. ML is OK, Wiki page is OK for now,
Horde Ticket System is most preferred.

Tickets :: New Ticket (horde.org) <https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/create.php>

A Pull Request is a type of submitting a patch through Github together
with a means to discuss and change the patch.
Those who send pull requests don't need to open a ticket or another
means of communication, everything will happen right there.

> To wit, there's a type-o in the turba package. If you have an image
> for a contact, it'll trip up on it. There's a capital "S" instead of
> a lowercase one:
>
> <install dir>/vendor/horde/core/lib/Horde/Core/Ui/VarRenderer/Html.php
>
> Line 209....replace with the capital "S" after the id=
>
> Broken:
>
> $html .= sprintf('<input class="button" name="%s" id="%S" type="submit" value="%s" /> ',
>
> Fixed:
>
> $html .= sprintf('<input class="button" name="%s" id="%s" type="submit" value="%s" /> ',
>

> brent

That one confuses me. You say it's still broken and that your preferred
/ fixed version has lowercase s

Core/lib/Horde/Core/Ui/VarRenderer/Html.php at FRAMEWORK_6_0 ·
horde/Core (github.com)
<https://github.com/horde/Core/blob/FRAMEWORK_6_0/lib/Horde/Core/Ui/VarRenderer/Html.php#L209>

We committed that change in October 25.

Update Html.php · horde/Core at 7e1e507 (github.com)
<https://github.com/horde/Core/commit/7e1e507b7d01e36f2e96a93d222fed9a5fb16ca1>

v3.0.0alpha15 has this patch, too.

Can you describe how you end up with the broken version when installing
/ upgrading?

Regards

Ralf