[horde] Is there a real sieve-editor for horde?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue Jan 9 21:19:08 UTC 2024

Hi, Nils.

On 2024-01-03 1:33 PM, Nils wrote:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> thank you very much for that information. It seems that something must
> be wrong with my configuration.
>
> At the page "Filter Rules" /ingo/basic.php?page=filters there is no
> entry for "vacation". There's just whitelist and blacklist. Any filters
> that already exist on the server are also missing there.
>
> At the page "Horde :: Filters Configuration"
> /horde/admin/config/config.php?app=ingo there are only the headers
> "Rules Storage", "Rules Options" and "Spam Filtering". The category
> "Rules Options" just has one checkbox "* $conf[rules][userheader]".
>
> I don't seem to have any configuration option like sieve port or
> authentication method.
>
> I've installed imp and ingo with composer.
> composer req horde/imp
> composer req horde/ingo
>
>> check if your manage-sieve announces the "vacation" capability
> I have successfully created a vacation script with KSieve. I don't know,
> if the server announces it though. How would I check that?

The default installation of ingo uses imap as the backend, not sieve.

Not all configuration options are available directly in the web
administration GUI; many Horde applications require *.local.php files in
order to override various defaults.

Here's an example of a working ingo/sieve configuration (hostname
altered) taken from ingo/config/backends.local.php. I'm using Cyrus
IMAPD as the backend; TLS turned off as everything is on clustered VMs.

<?php
$backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['disabled'] = false;
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['hostspec'] =
'example-host';
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['logintype'] =
'DIGEST-MD5';
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['usetls'] = false;
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['debug'] = false;

--
Nels Lindquist
nlindq at maei.ca