[horde] Is there a real sieve-editor for horde?

Lang, Ralf ralf.lang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:05:49 UTC 2024

Hello,

Am 09/01/2024 um 22:19 schrieb Nels Lindquist:
> Hi, Nils.
>
> On 2024-01-03 1:33 PM, Nils wrote:
>> Hi Philipp,
>>
>> thank you very much for that information. It seems that something
>> must be wrong with my configuration.
>>
>> At the page "Filter Rules" /ingo/basic.php?page=filters there is no
>> entry for "vacation". There's just whitelist and blacklist. Any
>> filters that already exist on the server are also missing there.
>>
>> At the page "Horde :: Filters Configuration"
>> /horde/admin/config/config.php?app=ingo there are only the headers
>> "Rules Storage", "Rules Options" and "Spam Filtering". The category
>> "Rules Options" just has one checkbox "* $conf[rules][userheader]".
>>
>> I don't seem to have any configuration option like sieve port or
>> authentication method.
>>
>> I've installed imp and ingo with composer.
>> composer req horde/imp
>> composer req horde/ingo
>>
>>> check if your manage-sieve announces the "vacation" capability
>> I have successfully created a vacation script with KSieve. I don't
>> know, if the server announces it though. How would I check that?
>
> The default installation of ingo uses imap as the backend, not sieve.
>
> Not all configuration options are available directly in the web
> administration GUI; many Horde applications require *.local.php files
> in order to override various defaults.
>
> Here's an example of a working ingo/sieve configuration (hostname
> altered) taken from ingo/config/backends.local.php. I'm using Cyrus
> IMAPD as the backend; TLS turned off as everything is on clustered VMs.
>
> <?php
> $backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
> $backends['sieve']['disabled'] = false;
> $backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['hostspec']
> = 'example-host';
> $backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['logintype']
> = 'DIGEST-MD5';
> $backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['usetls'] =
> false;
> $backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['debug'] =
> false;

Note for composer users:

Please don't place the backends.local.php file in the
vendor/horde/ingo/config folder but into the var/config/ingo folder and run

composer horde:reconfigure

It will create symlinks. Placing the file manually will make it
disappear on future updates.

Most of these symlinks will eventually disappear and files will be read
directly from the configuration directory var/config. At the moment this
is needed because FW_6 was originally built to be as compatible as
possible with non-composer installs.