[imp] IMP and External Single Sign On systems

Michael Cochrane mike@graftonhall.co.nz
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:46:25 +0100

Quoting Duane Currie <Duane.Currie@acadiau.ca>:

> Does anyone have any experience with integrating IMP with any external
> authentication systems?
>
> We're implementing a single web signon solution here, and we wish to have
> IMP automatically
> operate with that login.  However, IMP currently requires the IMAP username
> and password in order
> to authenticate.  The single signon system, however, purposefully does not
> allow the transmission
> of the password itself to anything other than the single signon system's
> login server.

>From a minimal changes point of view... it may be possible to write a
transparent auth driver for Horde.. see the current ipbasic and ipextended auth
drivers. this would mean you could update imp as often as you want and as long
as the auth api doesn't change everything will still work.

Not sure how you're going to do it yet though..... good luck :-)

- Mike :-)

--

Give me a place to stand on and I will move the earth. - Archimedes  Greek
mathematician

This mail sent from Mike's CVS HEAD install of IMP: http://horde.org/imp/