[imp] Why would dimp be slower to generate message list than imp?

gimili gimili17 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 11:14:48 UTC 2008

> This makes absolutely no sense.  The max_msgs preference is used only
> in the IMP_Mailbox::buildMailboxPage() function, and that function is
> never called from dimp.  Changing that preference will cause no
> difference in performance in dimp.
>
> michael

Hmm.  I changed it back to 200 and it is still working.  Funny though I
am getting the warning about it taking a long time to generate list on
some of the mail folders and they are ones with fewer messages and ones
I use more frequently (inbox, sent, drafts).  I went to some of my
archive folders with 2,500 messages and they are quicker with no time
delay warning.  Perhaps it is something to do with my server though imp
always seems fine and quicker.  **Thanks again for your help.**