[announce] Mnemo H3 (2.0-RC1)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Nov 17 08:40:44 PST 2004

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Mnemo
Note Manager version 2.0.

The Mnemo Note Manager is the Horde notes/memos application.  It provides
web-based notes and freeform text, similar to the PalmOS Note application and
shared notepads.  It requires the Horde Application Framework and an SQL
database for backend storage.

This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems.  This
version is considered feature complete and should only contain few bugs.  You
should not use this preview version over existing production data.

We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system.  Updated translations are very welcome.

The major changes compared to the Mnemo H3 (2.0-BETA) version are:
    * Tweak layout of the summary block.

Known issues:
    * Upgrade instructions and scripts have not been written yet.
    * Updated installation instructions.

The full list of changes (from version H3 (2.0-BETA)) can be viewed here:

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/mnemo/docs/CHANGES?r1=1.50&r2=1.52&ty=h

The Mnemo H3 (2.0-RC1) distribution is available from the following locations:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/mnemo/mnemo-h3-2.0-rc1.tar.gz
    http://ftp.horde.org/pub/mnemo/mnemo-h3-2.0-rc1.tar.gz

Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:

    http://www.horde.org/mirrors.php

MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:

    bfb7c200587d0364730366c2b328c670  mnemo-h3-2.0-rc1.tar.gz

Have fun!

The Horde Team.