[announce] Turba H3 (2.0-RC1)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Nov 18 02:47:30 PST 2004

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Turba
Contact Manager version 2.0.

Turba is the Horde contact management application. It is a production level
address book, and makes heavy use of the Horde framework to provide
integration with IMP and other Horde applications.

This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems.  This
version is considered feature complete and should only contain few bugs.  You
should not use this preview version over existing production data.

We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system.  Updated translations are very welcome.

The major changes compared to the Turba H3 (2.0-BETA) version:
    * Fixed deletion through the API if the item to be deleted is not found in
      the first source.
    * Removed unused miniwindow.php.
    * Updated German translation.

The full list of changes (from version H3 (2.0-BETA)) can be viewed here:

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/turba/docs/CHANGES?r1=1.165&r2=1.169&ty=h

The Turba H3 (2.0-RC1) distribution is available from the following locations:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/turba/turba-h3-2.0-rc1.tar.gz
    http://ftp.horde.org/pub/turba/turba-h3-2.0-rc1.tar.gz

Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:

    http://www.horde.org/mirrors.php

MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:

    4423f40a4929c1abfdd03ce82f292b34  turba-h3-2.0-rc1.tar.gz

Have fun!

The Horde Team.