[announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1-RC2
jan at horde.org
Wed Feb 6 22:46:02 UTC 2008
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the second release candidate of the Horde
Groupware Webmail Edition version 1.1.
Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a free, enterprise ready, browser based
communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages and
manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with the standards
compliant components from the Horde Project.
Barring any problems, this code will be released as Horde Groupware Webmail
Testing is requested and comments are encouraged.
Updated translations would also be great.
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version
* Fixed privilege escalation in the Horde API.
* Fixed missing ownership validation on share changes.
* Improved XSS filtering.
* Improved compatibility between newer themes and older applications.
* Improved SOAP and JSON-RPC interfaces.
* Fixed creating of sub-groups.
* Fixed localization of WYSIWYG editor.
* Much improved customization options for mailbox views.
* Improved compose window and WYSIWYG editor.
* Improved address book, calendar, task list and notepad management.
* Fixed several issues with composite contact fields.
* Improved listTimeObjects API.
* Fixed procmail and maildrop recipes.
* Added support for separate read and write databases to the notes module.
* Many further bugfixes and improvements.
The full list of changes (from version 1.1-RC1) can be viewed here:
The Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.1-RC2 distribution is available from the following locations:
Patches against version 1.1-RC1 are available at:
Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:
MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:
The Horde Team.
More information about the announce