[announce] Horde 5.0.0RC1

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Oct 26 21:55:36 UTC 2012

The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Horde
Application Framework version 5.0.0.

The Horde Application Framework is a flexible, modular, general-purpose web
application framework written in PHP. It provides an extensive array of
components that are targeted at the common problems and tasks involved in
developing modern web applications. It is the basis for a large number of
production-level web applications, notably the Horde Groupware suites.
For more
information on Horde or the Horde Groupware suites, visit
http://www.horde.org.

We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome. Strings are not going
to change until the final release.

The final release of Horde 5.0.0 is expected on October 30.

For upgrading instructions, please see
http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING

Please note that upgrading from a stable version to a beta version is
currently
not possible due to a bug in the PEAR installer.

For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL

The major changes compared to the Horde version 5.0.0beta6 are:
     * Allow view-specific help files.

The full list of changes can be viewed here:

https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/9e279ae934d34f292b006d99ba90d88386cea5cd/horde/docs/CHANGES

Have fun!

The Horde Team.