[ansel] More feature requests

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Mon Jan 19 07:42:40 PST 2004

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>>>Okay, but... is there a reason you think we *need* to simplify the XPsupport,
>>>given that it all already works?
>>>

>>I guess my point isn't so much about simplifying the XP publich code,
>>but making it easier to build and tear-down galleries.  Right now you
>>can create a new gallery, but can you create a new sub-gallery?  If so,
>>it's not obvious how to do it.  Right now a gallery is kinda fixed.  I
>>can't move a photo between galleries without having to delete it and
>>re-upload it.  I can't have a single image file be shared between
>>galleries.  I'm not knocking what's there, I'm just thinking of features
>>that would be nice to have in Ansel.
>>

>Yes, you can create subgalleries (look for the "Add a subgallery link". Careful,
>it has ninja skills). Yes, you need to be able to move images around - it's
>already in docs/TODO.

Err, there is no link for "Add a subgallery" when publishing through the
XP Publish mechanism, unless it's the same color as the background (is
that the "ninja skills" that you are referring to... :-P ).

I guess I wasn't crystal clear.  What I meant was that you can't create
sub-galleries while doing the XP publish.  You can create galleries, but
not sub-galleries.  To publish images to a sub-gallery, it has to
already exist before you publish, unless I'm missing something.

>-chuck
>
>--
>Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
>"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."

heath