[ansel] Patch for user pref image type

Heath S. Hendrickson heath at outerspaceconsultants.com
Tue Jan 20 12:14:44 PST 2004

As it's set up now, the only choices listed are both available in IM and
GD.  If you mean that support for PNG or JPEG will dissapear from either
GD or IM in the near future, then there will be much larger problems
than this pref setting.  Ansel has to support JPEG as that's the format
that all digital cameras natively create (not counting RAW formats).
I'm not aware of any that create images in PNG as of yet.  So there's a
requirement that whatever image engine is used has to support both PNG
and JPEG.

The functionality already existed in the Horde_Image module, I just
enabled it in Ansel via a user pref.

I'm not trying to force the issue, just making it available as it had a
significant imact on image file sizes when I went from PNG to JPEG, but
some people may want PNG and other mileage will most likely vary from mine.

heath