[ansel] Problem with conf.xml/php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Jan 24 12:44:26 PST 2004

Quoting "Heath S. Hendrickson" <heath at outerspaceconsultants.com>:

> Oooh, you mean like %Y for current year, %L for login id, %U for user
> identity, %D for current date and the like?  Does Horde already have a
> parser for that sort of thing (no reason to rebuild if it's already there)?

I don't think so, but it wouldn't be that much code...

> So someone could enter in the user pref:  "(c) %Y - %U" which would
> translate to something like:  "(c) 2004 - Heath Hendrickson"

Exactly.

> How about having the pop-up, but have it read the value out of the pref
> and pre-populate it so you just have to hit a button to apply it or you
> can change it if you want/need to (or is that what you meant, Chuck)?

Definitely, though I still think some people might want the option of not going
through the popup/button-clicking step. But really, we should probably
implement batch operations if we're thinking along those lines. Just musing,
anyway. No need to think *quite* so much about it that we don't do anything. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."