[ansel] Newbie trying real hard to set up ansel

Larry Honig l at hdex.com
Fri Jan 30 17:27:08 PST 2004

That about describes it. I have got the CVS Head Horde framework up and more or
less running, and in fact am using the HEAD IMP to send this message, so that
part works. I can log into the Horde HEAD system and successfully run the
configuration module for the various applications, such as IMP, etc., and the
changes are written correctly.

I can't seem to find anyplace in the ansel tree that describes the structure of
the MySQL database which is presumably at the heart of this system; most of the
other Horde apps seem to have a "app_name.sql" file in the scripts/ directory,
but not Ansel. There is no ansel_* table of any sort in the horde MySql
database list. I assume that is why when I try to create a gallery, I get three
messages like this:

> The gallery "test" has been created.

> Your gallery list is empty.

Naturally I am doing something real dumb here, and I apologize in advance for
asking, but there is also no entry in the docs/ folder such as an INSTALL text
file for me to read. Please point me in a good self-help direction (also,
shamelessly begging, tell me what I need to do to fix this...)

Thanks in advance.